Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Recipe: Courgette and Prosciutto Pasta

Hello my Leaves, how are you all today?

Today I would like to share one of my all time favourite recipes :) Courgette and Prosciutto pasta! This is a yummy recipe whether you have it hot or cold and it only takes 20 minutes to make! I found the recipe in Sainsbury's Pasta Sauce cookbook and I have to say I don't normally try things without seeing a picture first but I'm glad that I did with this!

You will need:

300g Pasta (any variety)
50g Creme Fraiche
2 medium Courgettes (sliced and quartered)
8 slices (roughly 125g) of Prosciutto (chopped)
50g Butter (unsalted)
1 small Onion (chopped)

Steps

1. Melt the butter in the pan 


2. Add the prosciutto


3. After 3-4 minutes remove the prosciutto and place it on to some kitchen towel. This will take off the grease.


4. Add the onions to the remaining butter and cook until soft. 



5. Add the courgette and cook for eight minutes until soft (Now is a good time to put the pasta on too!)


6. Once the pasta is ready add the prosciutto, creme fraiche and drained pasta to the sauce and give it a good stir on a low heat until mixed well.


7. Serve whilst warm! To garnish feel free to add parmesan, pepper or cayenne :D



Let me know how you find it! If you have any recipes that you want me to try leave a comment below and I will give it a whirl! :)

Make your own choices!

Toodlepip xx