Sunday, 31 August 2014

August Favourites 2014

Hello my Leaves, How have you found August? :)

I can't believe a month has gone by so quickly! I've been working for three weeks now and the time has FLOWN by!

Have you been making the most of the sun? A lot of my friends have been buying jumpers and cardigans and it just makes me a little sad that summer is ending. But, you know me, I'm also really happy and excited because from tomorrow it is officially AUTUMN :D :D

I can't wait to see what an Autumn is like in a slightly warmer climate. With less rain there will hopefully be more, longer lasting, crispy leaves days :)  And the COLOURS oh....

Anyway, I'm digressing and disappearing into Chezland!

Here are my August Favourites!

1. Card Organiser


My hand trying to show that there are slips for you to put the cards each month :)
What with moving away and working full time my memory is becoming leaky! This handy little Card Organiser lets me write cards in advance and prompts me to remember people's birthdays and special occasions :) All I have to do now is remember to check the book and send them :P I have it on my desk in my room so hopefully I will continue to check it often!

2. My Blog Whiteboard


Another productive item! I have been writing down my blog post plans so that I have a visible reminder that they need to be written. I don't know about you, but I get a lot of joy from being able to tick things off once they are complete! From looking at the picture I can see that I haven't ticked the last post so guess what I'll be doing once this is written....I couldn't wait, I've ticked it :) I'm planning my September posts at the moment so I'll be moving them up on the board and removing the August posts this evening. This sits next to my desk and has lots of fluffy, cuddly animals around me that all have little memories attached to them :)

3. Teenage Dirtbags CD


I don't know where to begin with this. I have become borderline obsessed with the Teenage Dirtbags CD. I was given it as a gift for my birthday last year and I don't think I've stopped listening to it since... My commute to work is longer than my previous jobs was so I've been playing this in the car to while away the time. I could recite the song order and most of the lyrics at this point xD It raises lots of nostalgia from my teen years and makes me feel so happy after listening to it! No matter what mood I'm in when I get in the car, I will happy when I get out! :)

4. Chocolate!


I feel like I have spent this month INHALING chocolate! In particular the plain Dairy Milk bars by Cadbury. I keep trying to eat dark chocolate as it is better for you and I would eat less of it but milk chocolate is still too scrummy! I've taken to melting them and then dipping fruit and biscuits into the melted chocolate... It's a bad habit and I'm trying to reduce intake by hunting for alternative snacks but it's failing xD


5. Innocent Fruit Juice (particularly the apple and berry juice)



I figure that with all the chocolate I've been eating lately I should probably make sure I get fruit into my system too ^^ (my distorted view of a balanced diet). I have been loving  this Apple and Berry fruit juice by innocent! I have a glass once a day and it's yummy! I also love that it is never from concentrate and that it is really sweet :) It's also motivated me to munch on Cucumber, Carrot and Celery sticks at work to try and get all five of my five-a-day xD

Book Club!!



So I have finished 'The Alchemist's Secret' by Scott Mariani! It was actually a really good book that had several 'can't-put-it-down' moments :) Without giving too much away this story follows an ex-military man, Ben Hope,  who finds things/children for a living. He is given a new job but it turns out to be a lot more complicated than he first thought. A must read for people who like the 'DaVinci Code' in my opinion as, once again, religious groups get involved and make the whole task a lot harder for poor Ben Hope!

The book that I will be reviewing in my September favourites is.... 


'The Kingmaker's Daughter' by Philippa Gregory. I've read quite a few of her books previously so I'm hoping that this will be another good read! Make sure you check out my September Favourites to find out!

**** **** **** **** ****

And there we have it. Another month of favourites complete. I hope you all enjoyed my August Awareness posts and have taken something away from them. I had a range of emotions writing them but like I say, if it's helped one person, then my job is done! Join me on Wednesday at the usual time when I release 'what inspires me?'

You can also subscribe to my blog by clicking 'follow' and you can register to follow by email too :) If the posts aren't enough, I tend to post the odd ramble on twitter too @ChezAutumn :)

Make your own choices!

Toodlepip x