Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Inspiration September | Houzz Obsession

Hello my Leaves and Happy Hump Day!

I love Wednesdays! Monday and Tuesday always feel like the week is never going to end but, when I reach Wednesday, I realise just how fast Monday and Tuesday were! Is it the same for you?

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I wanted to have a little confession for today's post. I have an obsession with Houzz. You probably haven't heard of it and therefore don't know how easily it's hooks you and get a grip to lure you into the small hours without you seeing the time pass. *deep breaths*

Houzz is an app/website that contains pictures and newsletters that are posted by users and the Houzz team. Sounds dodgy... The pictures are of houses and rooms and gardens, sounding better! You basically are given an array of images and you can view where items were purchased if you like them and you can also gain inspiration for your own home. I particularly love the newsletters that cater for making a small space seem a lot bigger with nifty storage solutions! They also show you unusual spaces to live, how to get the perfect garden kitchen, colour schemes by themes and so on and so forth, ooh I need to watch Shrek, (+1 if you get the reference :P).

I know what you're thinking, how on earth does this become addictive? One-ish word: Ideabook. You can save the photos that you like into your own area and you can create folders, such as for each room of your house, or by colour scheme, garden layout, you name it, it can be done! It has led me to create my very own collage of my dream, future, home. To the point were I stand in a shop and think 'ooh that's what I'm looking for...' and then have to remind myself that this room and house doesn't exist yet so I don't need to buy things for it.....

I'm not going to show you pictures as I'm not sure where harmless sharing ends and copyright begins so instead I urge you to ensure you have plenty of time to spare and go visit this site! It has become a ritual for me to check new photos as part of my night time routine but I really don't recommend it unless you want to be shouting out house related things in your sleep :P

Let me know what you think!

Make your own choices.

Toodlepip x