Sunday, 5 October 2014

October Soul, Mind & Body | The importance of listening to your body


Good Evening my Leaves,

How are you this Sunday?

Today in light of the theme for this month I would like to discuss the importance of listening to your body.

Our bodies are amazing things, they can process so many things at once without us having to be consciously aware. Just look in the mirror right now and witness how much your body has done for you. You were once a fraction of the size that you are now. Each day your body will make changes that help you and alter your appearance. It's the least we can do to listen to it!

Your body is very good at telling you when it is struggling with stress. Personally it affects my immune system the most and I find myself more prone to colds and bugs. My eczema worsens too as my energy goes into fighting the cold instead of my skin. At this point I realise that I need to have a day where I take things easy. Maybe I reduce my social life briefly and spend that time catching up on sleep so my body can recover and help my immune system. I tend to write a list of priorities and work out what has to be done first and what could wait until another time.

Having a relaxing Sunday after being ill last week.
Warm Blackcurrant and a snuggly onesie
I also make note of my diet, maybe there are some more healthy options I can choose to get extra vitamins in my system. I make a more concerted effort into getting my five a day and drinking plenty of fluids. These little things really help your body to get back on form.

If you don't listen to your body your health will struggle. You will find that you can't manage the same workload as you used to because your body is too stretched trying to keep everything running smoothly.

So listen to your body. Discover and identify what signs your body gives when it is stressed. It may be that you become intolerant to some foods, get headaches, break out in spots or even that you keep missing your alarm in the morning. These are all signs that your body needs a little TLC.

Let me know what you do to help your body my commenting below or sending me a tweet to @chezautumn.

Make your own choices!

Toodlepip xx