Wednesday, 8 October 2014

October Soul, Mind & Body | Healthy Salmon Recipe (Quick and Easy)

Hello my Leaves and Happy Wednesday!

I thought I would share one of my favourite recipes with you for this post, salmon, spuds and salad!


Salmon holds so many lovely properties including: several B vitamins and Omega 3 fats :) They also contain plenty of protein which is good to help you feel full and build muscle. I tend to make this meal mid week as it doesn't take a lot of preparation and it gives me an extra boost for the rest of the week.

You will need:

Salmon Fillets
Salad
Tin Foil
Potatoes

For flavour I chose:
Pesto
Herbs
Butter
Lemon

Step One


Preheat oven to 180 C (fan assisted) and bring your potatoes to boil :)

Step Two



Decorate your salmon fillets. I went for a Lemon Fillet, a Red Pesto Fillet and a Butter and Herb Fillet.


Step Three



Wrap the fillets in tin foil starting with folding the bottom up (this should prevent the juices from spilling in the oven). Add the fillets to your preheated oven and time for roughly 18 minutes.

Step Four

Salad: Radish, Tomato, Cucumber, Red Pepper and Lettuce
Make your salad and relax (I took the chance to get on top of my washing up and check on my potatoes).

Step Five



Check your Salmon is cooked thoroughly, I normally check by seeing if the fillet flakes away with my fork. Drain your potatoes, serve and enjoy!

There are lots of different ways that you can flavour your salmon so if you find something different that suits you, go ahead. Make sure you send me a photo on twitter @chezautumn so I can try your flavour creations too! :)

Make your own choices

Toodlepip x