Friday, 3 October 2014

Weekly Update | 03/10/2014

Hello my Leaves,

How are you today?

I can't believe we're at the end of another week already! And September has gone with Autumn now in full swing too!

This week has been tough. I will be grateful for a new slate after this night's sleep.

I was ill for the majority of this week (Friday - Monday) so wasn't able to properly enjoy my birthday. I still had a wonderful time despite having to tone it down slightly! I'm going to have my pub meal this weekend instead to make up for the lack of tastebuds last week!

I've become obsessed with another TV series, as always, this time it is 'Arrow'. I can only describe it as imagining Hawkeye (Avengers) trying to re-enact 'Revenge' whilst having the double identity of Batman! It is a very easy watching programme and has served as a lovely distraction to the week. I also received my clothes hangers so I can sort my wardrobe and my book to review which will hopefully be posted tomorrow :)

The biggest news of this week is sad. Houdini, my hamster, passed away on Wednesday evening at the grand old age of 2 years and 10 months. I know that at 24 I shouldn't feel so lost without Houds but he was my first pet, eczema is not fun in childhood. He was bought by my then boyfriend as a reminder that life is precious and should be cherished. Houdini quickly became my companion whilst I was at University and has been there through a lot of changes in my life. He made me feel as though I hadn't made the move to Surrey alone and I felt as though we were in this together. We both had to adjust to different sounds, smells and sights and it was a comfort to see him experience it too. I have decided not to bury Houdini as we are still doing a lot of changing in the garden and wouldn't want to disturb his body, so he has been taken to a crematorium and I will be able to collect his body's ashes next week. I believe that the body is a shell for the soul and that Houdini has already left but, it is my responsibility to ensure his body is cared for and treated with respect.

I don't want to bring you all down for the weekend so I will share with you my key points that I've learned from Houdini. 1. It's good to talk, whether the receiver can reply doesn't always matter 2. sometimes a hug can make everything better. 3. Noise is sometimes a better comfort than silence. 4. You only need basic necessities in life to be happy, and finally, 4. Life is precious and should be cherished.

I'm going to finish this post with some pictures of Houdini. Posts will return to a chirpier tone after today but I feel it's important to stop and appreciate the little things in life as they can sometimes make the biggest impact.

~*~ Houdini ~*~
01/2012 - 10/2014




Make your own choices.

Toodlepip xx