Sunday, 2 November 2014

November Appreciation & Aspiration | Thankful for my family

Good Evening my Leaves,

I can't believe we are in November already! Did you have a good October?

This is the first post of November Appreciation & Aspiration so I thought I would start off by acknowledging my appreciation for my family.

Everyone's family is different and I think we all like to think that ours is different to everyone else's. Everyone has the family members that keep to themselves, the embarrassing auntie/uncle and the crazy cousins. They all have their unique qualities and you will find that you will need/use/show some of each at a point in your life.

My own family are scattered across the world and we have many levels with step family and adopted members adding to the tree.

With everyone living across the map it can be challenging finding time to see everyone, especially as there are too many step members for us to all come together for Christmas. Once you factor in my anxiety with travelling on top of that it gets very challenging.

I don't see my family anywhere near as much as I would like to and this is something that frustrates me a lot. This is one of the reasons why I'm working on beating my anxiety. I don't live somewhere where family can visit so it's for me to travel to them. My dad has some challenges with anxiety too so we help each other.

My family have been very supportive with my relocation and my battle with anxiety and I couldn't ask for anything more. Despite being scattered we always find the time to Skype, or email, or chat on the phone. 

I suppose the point I'm trying to make here is that you don't have to live in close proximity of your family to receive and provide support. Your family are yours alone and there is no reason to compare it to another's. Your family don't have to be blood relatives either. You may have close friends that have become integrated as another branch to your family and that's fine. At the end of the day, your family form the first support network you will experience, show them a little appreciation; make plans to visit, or arrange a meal or even just send them a quick email/text to let them know that you're there despite not being there physically.

How do you feel about your own family? Do you appreciate them for their quirks and differences?

I hope you've liked the first November post, don't forget to subscribe for more :)

Make your own choices.

Toodlepip x