Sunday, 16 November 2014

November Appreciation & Aspiration | Thankful for my situation

Good Evening my Leaves,

How has your Sunday been? It's been a grey and drizzly day here! It's days like these that make me feel very lucky and thankful for my situation. I'm sat here in my pyjamas (it's 14.30!) with a snuggly blanket and a fully stocked fridge!



I find that we tend to be a society that focuses on a lot of luxurious items and view them as a necessity.  This post isn't intended to make you feel bad for being lucky, it is hopefully just going to be a little reminder of how lucky we are to be in our current situation and add a little perspective.

1. Internet 

If you're reading this post, you have access to the internet. You can view a plethora of resources that help you in every imaginable situation. You really have no limit to what you want to learn. If you have a question that you don't want to ask out loud, the answer is likely to be on the internet. The internet can connect you to like minded people, you can join and form your own communities, location isn't an issue. I imagine that, like me, you actually spend a lot of your internet time on unproductive sites instead but you have that option, always there.

2. Job

I have a job. I get to keep my earnings (after house and food bills). I'm allowed to choose where I work and what I do. These facts alone are things we should be grateful for. You may not work yet but, when you do, you will be able to have a choice, you won't have to give all your money to someone else. You won't be told that your gender stops you (few roles are gender specified now).

3. Relationships

Another thing to be thankful, everyday, for are my relationships. I live at home in a non abusive environment. I'm not in a relationship that is negatively impacting me or those around me. I have a network of friends that I know I can rely on, and I'm there for them. We motivate each other to be the best we can be. Relationships are something that we take for granted everyday. Make sure those around you know how appreciative you are of them :)

4. Location

Now, I have moved locations a few times over the last few years, some of them I haven't felt overly safe in but it's not like I've been living in a place of war. I've always had a roof over my head and heating, access to water, food and a means of cooking it. I'm even luckier in that, if I don't feel like cooking, I can request food be delivered to my house!

So, on that note, go out and be grateful. Stop complaining over things that, in the bigger picture, are insignificant. I've started to write in a notepad each day of all the positive things that haven't today. When that doesn't work I will look back on this post and remind myself that life is about so much more!

What are you grateful for?

Make your own choices.

Toodlepip x