Wednesday, 19 November 2014

November Appreciation & Aspiration | Helping Others

Good Wednesday my leaves, how are we today?

My week has been very hectic so far but I have Friday off Wahoo! There's lots of bugs making the rounds at work so hopefully I'm not going to spend the three day weekend being ill *crosses fingers*

Back to reality, I have seen that a lot of you really liked the post from Sunday (in which I encouraged you to have a little perspective) which is good. Today's post is going to look at what little-old-you can do to help! 



Society has taught us, or rather encouraged us, to think that we either have to be a very successful and famous person or someone with a heck of a lot of drive to be able to affect change in this world. This is a very warped way of thinking in my opinion! This week I will have reached 1000 views in a month on my blog. I'm not famous, and although I'm determined I couldn't say that I eat, breathe and sleep my blog. Yet that's 1000 views of me and my voice trying to help people feel a little better about themselves. I think that's phenomenal! When I think that this all properly started with me doing 'August Awareness' and I was dancing over 100 views in a month, it was and still is insane.

There are lots of little things you can do to make a big difference. If there's a cause that you want to support you could make a donation (however small), or raise money doing a challenge or even volunteer and help to raise awareness! If you see someone on the street you could give them some change or just acknowledge them instead of trying to hurry past looking guilty. You could give your seat to the person who looks like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders. Make small talk at the bus stop. Open a door for someone with their arms full. Lend an ear to a friend or colleague who looks like they just need someone to hear them. We've all been on the other side and likely the receiving end of one of these actions. Remember how it made you feel ! :) It's not about recognition, don't feel disheartened if you're not drowned in gratitude!

REMEMBER! Its also not about money all the time! Have you ever heard the saying that 'smiles are contagious'? It's very true! I always start my day with the mental challenge of finding someone on my way to work to give a chipper 'Good Morning' and a smile. It may make you feel a little silly at first but think about it. Someone has just walked past you and out of the blue wished you a good morning. You may think they're bonkers but in your head your brain is focussing on the smile and making you think happy thoughts :) You're then more likely to smile at someone else and so on and so forth. (Again Lord Farquaad has jumped into my head...). So, yeah, go out and show the world your pearly whites :) you might just make a very big difference with your little ripple! ^^,

Let me know down in the comments what you've done or plan to do :) Maybe your comment will inspire someone else? Or help them see that there are good actions and people in the world :)

Make your own choices

Toodlepip x