Sunday, 23 November 2014

November Appreciation & Aspiration | Thankful for being able to express myself

Good Sunday my leaves, how are you today?

I can't believe this is the penultimate post for November Appreciation & Aspiration! Where has this month gone?! I hope you've had a lovely November too!


Today's post is fairly self-explanatory, appreciation for having a voice. There are so many stories on the news at the moment about people trying to be heard and horrifying news of those who couldn't be heard. Then there's the happier news of people actually succeeding in being heard. There are stigma's being challenged and awareness is being raised on important topics. 

One important cause which you all probably know I'm behind is breaking the stigma around Mental Health. I can't believe how much everything has changed since I finished secondary school (2007) mental health is something that people are becoming more open about, some people even know a few facts about it now and the myths are slowly being beaten. This is fantastic! I know there's a long way to go but it makes me feel very happy to know that fewer people are having to avoid talking because they're scared of the reception they will receive. When I had my own struggles I baulked at the idea of going to a doctor, partly because I was scared, and partly because I've experienced doctors previously who basically said grow up (not in those words though!). Now I know that I could go to the majority of the doctors in this country if I had a problem and I would be heard!

Being in a society that allows you to have a voice is lovely :) There are so many platforms that you can do this now and it's not restricted to those perceived as 'famous'. I genuinely believe that there are platforms for everyone, in this country and some others, to communicate and express their views on. It no longer matters about your language or if you have a sense impairment. Anyone can see your views and opinions now :) Naturally, there are some countries that don't have this level of freedom or access but for myself and the country I'm in this is the case, hopefully it will be for others soon too!

Speaking of expression, my own is my blog. I do have a twitter account but I find it restrictive in the character limit ^^, saying that it does get used (shameless plug for @chezautumn)...  Anyhoo, my blog.  I still have a long way to go but that's cool as I'm enjoying the journey and I have lots planned  :) I can't wait for it to be at the point where you can see my blog and videos once they're going :) I want to help each and every one of you and give you all a big squish! :) Ahh one can dream...

I hope you all are appreciating and making the most of your voice :) What are you using your voice to achieve? Let me know in the comments down below :)

Make your own choices.

Toodlepip x