Wednesday, 3 December 2014

December Decorations & Delights | Films for the Holidays

Good Evening my Leaves,

I hope you're having a lovely week so far! To make it a little brighter, here's the first December Decorations & Delights post, Films for the Holidays :)

I always enjoy the build up to Christmas, sometimes more than the day itself! Here are the films I like to watch to get into the Christmas Spirit :)

1. Love Actually


Perhaps an obvious one to start with! Love actually is such a wonderfully christmas film :) I love watching how everyones lives collide and change for better and worse. If the story isn't enough to tempt you then Hugh Grant dancing should do it ^^,

I take the message from this to be, don't be afraid to share your feelings :)

2. Edward Scissorhands


Now for a less obvious one maybe. Edward Scissorhands. I love Tim Burton's films and how they all have messages hidden in them. I love the idea that the snow is made by Edward carving ice sculptures :) I think this film also shows that we should accept people for their unique qualities and not try to change them and shun them if they don't follow our own thoughts.

3. Frozen


Let's be honest, you knew this was going to appear ^^. If you haven't seen Frozen yet, go watch it :) Its perfect for the little ones and you will find it amusing too :D If I haven't sold it to you yet then go to YouTube and watch the 'How It Should Have Ended' version :P

4. The Holiday


Another predictable film to be in this list. For those that just want to escape the madness and bustle of the holidays. I find this such a feel good film! It keeps you hoping too, that one day you will have that connection with somebody if you don't already. Remember, if it gets too much, step back and remind yourself what you want to achieve :) You don't always have to travel to the other side of the world to do this :)

5. Anastasia


The film I currently have in the background, Anastasia. I miss the traditional Disney musical films and old animation. This film brings back so many memories from childhood :) A lovely way to portray a myth and make you feel good :)

I shall most likely have these films on a loop now until Christmas ^^ Do you have certain films that help you feel the Christmas Spirit?

Make your own choices.

Toodlepip x