Sunday, 21 December 2014

December Decorations & Delights | A look at 2014 Pt.2

Good Sunday my Leaves,

How has your weekend been? I can't believe I've reached 100 followers and almost 100,000 views on my profile! You are truly amazing and I wouldn't feel as I do today if it wasn't for all your support!



Today is part two of Wednesday's post in which I reflected on the first six months of the year. As I mention often, I'm a big believer in reflecting and letting go. I always do my best to live with no regret and have found that this method is helping me do that.

So without further ado, here is my July - December:

1. Moving

As you're all aware by now, I relocated at the very end of June to Surrey. Moving into my new room wasn't the toughest part. I thought it would be being down here that I would struggle with but the problem was physically leaving Lancashire. I cried, a LOT, that day and spent most of the journey down in my mind. I had Houdini sat in his home on my lap and the car was rammed full of all my worldly possessions, it was a very strange feeling. I did my best to explore the area at the beginning and just tried to make my new 'home' a little more familiar. I went for lots of walks trying to find places that would give me the same peace as places up north. Now I feel a lot more settled and have little places I can go when I just need to sit.

2. Volunteering & Finding a job 

Although I was keen to find work, I decided to take two weeks to adjust prior to looking for employment. I'm very glad that I did this as it's not as easy to stop once you are working again. I contacted local seamstresses to see if they would mind me gaining some experience them. Luckily I found someone quite local who was needing help during the wedding season. I really enjoyed my time and learnt a great deal, I also learnt that I would keep sewing as a hobby rather than a career (unpicking lace embroidery from a fabric of the same colour can take its toll on your eyes!). From there I began the hunt for employment and luckily found something within two weeks. I enjoy my job and gives me a lot of satisfaction, it has changed a lot since I began but I'm happy with the direction it is heading. :)

3. The return of anxiety

Naturally, all the change of the year caught up with me at the beginning of October. I'd had a few niggles of anxiety but I could feel it growing. Thankfully I am better equipped this time around and made the right decisions faster. I have seen a doctor and am waiting for the call to therapy (8 week+ waiting list at present). I'm glad I have this little blog to help me track progress!

4. Starting a Blog & Time to Change

As you know I started this blog when I moved and I haven't looked back. It takes a lot of patience, perseverance and motivation to keep it going but I also gain a lot of satisfaction from it. My first proper theme was 'August Awareness'. I spent a lot of time trying to decide if I wanted to be so open on a blog but I'm glad that I was. Even if it only helps one person at some point in it's lifetime, thats one more person who will have less feeling of isolation, perhaps one less person who encourages the stigma. We are all afraid of the different, the unknown, but this is spiralling out of control like a ginormous elephant in the room (we now need a mansion to accommodate the elephant). I hope that you have enjoyed my blog so far. If it has had the slightest bit of effect on your life, let me know. Pass the hope forward, help to make a difference.

How have your last 6 months been? Is there anything that you have learnt? Would you say that your year was balanced?

Make your own choices.

Toodlepip x