Wednesday, 31 December 2014

The final post of 2014 | New Year's Resolutions

Hello my Leaves,

Happy New Year's Eve! I can't believe we've made it to the end of 2014! Are you excited for the new year to begin? I'm going to celebrate welcoming it in by wearing my pajamas and watching a film with the family.

Every single year I make resolutions about things that are generally out of my control. I say that I'm not going to be ill. That I'm going to have another year without a panic attack etc. Although these things may happen, it's not necessarily something I have any control over. So, this year, I'm going to make resolutions that can be achieved. They may take a lot of determination and motivation, which I will lack at times, but they can be achieved.

1. Blog

I think it goes without saying that my blog is something I will be working on hard this year. I have been getting a lot of satisfaction from doing this and I have some great ideas for what I want to do for future posts and themes. I just need to keep focussing my little motivation towards it! Hopefully by this time next year I will have gone from 1,000 views per month to 5,000 or more, who knows! As long as I am still enjoying it I will continue to blog, it gives me a little glow to see how many of you are already returning each post to see the new content, so, thank you! I've always said from the outset that this has been for me but I love to see that my posts give something to you too, I hope that they continue to do so!

2. Videos

I know that I've dabbled a bit on YouTube this year (a lot of videos being removed because I didn't like them) but I really do enjoy making them. My favourite so far is my Mental Health Selfie, I could actually watch it whilst editing without cringing at my voice! 



I'm saving up for a better camera and microphone so please bear with me :) Any hints tips or advice that you can provide in this area are always welcome. If you're going to criticise then please at least make it constructive.


3. Overall health and skills



I think it goes without saying that top on my list for the New Year is sorting myself out! Alongside kicking the anxiety and depression I want to do some personal development too! This will be in the form of a sport, a language and an instrument. At present I have only started the cogs on a sport but more information about these will be coming up in 'January Journey'. I think these three things will also have an impact on my health as well as being enjoyable so my fingers are crossed that I keep committed!

So, here's my question to you for today, are you going to set resolutions for this year? If so, what are they? Did you keep the ones that you made last year?

Make your own choices

Keep safe & have a Happy New Year!

Toodlepip x