Wednesday, 21 January 2015

January Journey | My life 'to do' list

Good Wednesday my beautiful Leaves,

How are you all today?

People always tell us to 'make the most of life' and that it 'only speeds up as we get older', this scares me. It got me to thinking that maybe I should make a "bucket list" of what I want to achieve in life. I'm not one to seek adventure and travel the world. I am fortunate to have been to several countries in my childhood but I have never had the 'travel bug' myself. That being said, I do find it fascinating to learn about different cultures and views. And I'm off on a tangent before the post even begins...



1. Make my own wedding dress

Or if not my own, then the bridal party members'. I'm not sure if I ever will marry but, if I do, I would want to make as much of it as possible. Two of my friends are planning very different weddings and I have to say I'm having slightly more enjoyment and fulfilment helping decoupage shoes than looking for someone who's already done it ^^. There is just something that appeals to me to know that every touch has been completely tailor made to suit us (bride/groom/three-headed llama, who knows?!). 

2. Tailor my house

Or build it from scratch. Again with the wanting things to be completely suited, geez Chez anyone would think you have control issues... That said I would love to have a little den to retreat to or a 'messy cupboard' to hide those odd things and gifts that you bring out when the gifter visits xD

3. Financial Independence

Ah, the dream. I'm sure you have it too! I want to be in a situation where I don't have to rely on someone to help pay the bills or live the lifestyle that I want. I know it will take a lot of hard work but I guess it means a lot more knowing that you've done it?

4. Helping Others

I'm not completely self-centred and selfish (this is just my bucket list...), I want to do something that affects another persons life in a good way :) I don't want to go through life and realise that the only person I've looked out for is myself. This doesn't have to be a big act or even a solo act. I've done a few little things here and there that have made minuscule impacts, but that's in my own opinion. Perhaps I've helped them more? It's not something I'd give up and call a day on, that's for sure!

5. Be Happy

About 70% of my life. The 30% will remind me what happiness is and will give me something to be thankful for. 

6. See the Aurora Borealis

Those beautiful, beautiful lights. I get a lot of peace just from the photos so I can only imagine what it must be like to see the real thing! I would love to take a cruise to and around Norway/Sweden and witness this beautiful scene!


These are just a few things that I would like to achieve :) Without being morbid I realise that you don't always have the time you think but I don't want to rush the list either. Some of those things may never happen, or their importance to you may change, that's life. I think its important to recognise that although you may have been aspiring for something for years, it doesn't mean that you can't change your mind. 

So, go out there and make your list, re-evaluate next year and don't feel like something is unobtainable. In this world, there are few things that are.

And share some ideas below! You never know, your dream may inspire another's! :)

Make your own choices.

Toodlepip x

Follow me on: