Sunday, 4 January 2015

January Journey | The Overview

Hello my leaves!

How is your Sunday? Welcome to the first post for January Journey!

I wanted to give you an overview of what to expect this month as it may appear to be very random without a little explanation!



I decided in November that I was going to work on myself and my self-confidence to help my body and mind. With the crash in Mental Health that followed it became much more challenging to 'begin'. My anxiety was preventing me from wanting to leave the house for any classes and my motivation when at home was non-existent, it took the majority of my motivation to look after myself and continue blogging!

I decided that I wasn't going to let this get the better of me though so, on my 'high' days, I began to plan what I wanted to do. This led me to the idea of doing/learning a sport, an instrument and a language.  By doing one of each I would be exercising/testing my mind and doing something I enjoy. The 'whats' and the 'whens' will be revealed in my following posts. Naturally, this isn't something that I can do in a week and then say 'all done' so I will be releasing a post prior to Monthly Favourites which will be titled 'Health Update'. This will cover my progression resolving my illness and also my progress with these three tasks. 

For sanity's sake I won't be beginning all three at once, I will be more likely to give up if I do! I'm hoping that by blogging this I will be more motivated to stick to it, fingers crossed! 

As well as these beginning steps of the journey, this month I will also be sharing with you my life 'to-do' list (following on from November's 'Dream Big'), and will be showing some of things I do to help me stick to resolutions (this will hopefully help you too when you reach 'that' point)!

So, what do you think about this approach of a sport, an instrument and a language for self development? Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for me?

Have a lovely Sunday!

Make your own choices.

Toodlepip x