Wednesday, 18 February 2015

February Flames & Friendships | Compliments

Good Evening my Leaves, Happy Wednesday!

Today's post is a request for opinions. I want to know what you all think about compliments. Yep, sounds a little strange, I know, but I shall explain :)

Compliments unsettle me.

There are very few people that I trust when they pay me a compliment. I don't know why but I always feel ruffled by them. They're nice, don't get me wrong, and I like recognition but compliments just seem strange.


I think it depends on the topic. If I'm complimented on something I've achieved or done at work I like the recognition but not the action, does that make any sense? I'd rather an email or note I suppose. If its in front of other people I go bright red and wish the earth would swallow me up. If its regarding my appearance there are very few people I wouldn't feel awkward to accept them from.

I always assume there is an ulterior motive but a lot of the time there isn't. I've improved over time and am much better at receiving them now but there's a ways to go yet ^^,

My questions to you then are:

1. How do you feel about compliments?
2. How do you respond to them / are there certain ones that make you act differently?

Make your own choices.

Toodlepip x

Find me on: